Charleston Landlord Tenant Lawyers
While the majority of rental agreements and leases between landlords and tenants involving residential or commercial properties run smoothly, disputes can arise over various issues. These may be worked out between the involved parties through negotiations. However, in some instances, you may need advice and guidance from a skilled attorney to help you seek the justice you deserve. These are civil matters and most landlord/tenant issues are handled in the Magistrate’s Court in the county where the property is located.
If you need legal advice or representation as a tenant or landlord due to a dispute, you can turn to Siebert Law Firm. We have been helping individuals in and around the greater Charleston area with civil matters such as these since 2009. Our team is here to ensure that you understand your rights, that those rights are protected, and that disputes are resolved as effectively and efficiently as possible. These particular matters are often of financial concern which is why we work hard to help you resolve them as quickly as possible while still seeking optimum results.
Connect with Seibert Law Firm via our website or call us at (843) 428-6360 to schedule a free initial consultation with a Charleston landlord/tenant attorney today.
Landlord Tenant Legal Matters
Title 27 of the South Carolina Code of Laws provides the rules and regulations about the landlord-tenant relationship which is called the Residential Landlord and Tenant Act. Many legal and procedural requirements are set forth under the law dealing with all aspects of rental property and lease contracts. As a landlord or tenant, you may not fully understand what these requirements entail or the nuances of the law, which is why it is best to get the guidance of an attorney who handles such matters.
Seibert Law Firm can help you with any issue landlord/tenant issue, including but not limited to:
- Landlords: we can help you draft and negotiate residential rental agreements or commercial leases and their terms, including such matters as security deposits, late fees, and more.
- Landlords: we can guide you through the eviction process against tenants who have failed to pay rent or who have otherwise violated the terms of their agreements.
- Landlords: we can help with collection efforts to recoup money owed you by ex-tenants for unpaid rent or property damage.
- Tenants: we can help you seek repairs or mitigation of defects on the property through proper legal channels.
- Tenants: we can defend your rights regarding the violation of legal access to your unit by landlords.
- Tenants: we can defend your rights regarding abandoned property left behind after vacating the premises.
- Tenants: we can defend your rights against housing discrimination based on race, religion, and other protected characteristics per federal law.
- Tenants: We can defend your rights against landlord retaliation against you after asserting your legal rights.
Both landlords and tenants are bound by laws. Leases and rental agreements are legal contracts and, when violated, can be referred to court for a ruling on the matter. Our team can provide the assistance you need to resolve these matters through legal means.
Contact us today to learn more about your case, the applicable laws, and how we can help.